This old fashioned Peach Cream Pie recipe is made with fresh peaches, a sweet cream filling and topped with sliced almonds. A very beautiful and easy pie!
I recently acquired a collection of recipe books called "Women's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery." There are 23 books all together and were originally published in 1966. I have the 1979 editions and am currently going through volume 1.
There are so many interesting recipes in these books. This Peach Cream Pie with Almonds was the first one I tried. This recipe is just perfect for this time of the year as peaches are perfectly ripe.
What Ingredients do I need to make this Peach Cream Pie?
- Pie Crust - You will need pastry for a 1 crust 9-inch pie. I halved the pie pastry from this recipe. You can also use a ready-made pie crust
- Sliced Peaches - fresh is best for this dish. Frozen peaches are too watery
- Sugar - for sweetness
- Flour - a bit of all purpose flour helps firm up the filling
- Nutmeg - because it pairs so well with peaches!
- Whipping Cream - you can also use ½ cup milk and ½ cup whipping cream if you would like to lighten the recipe.
- Sliced Almonds - they give a nice crunchy texture to the dish and also look so pretty scattered on top!
If you liked this recipe, you may also like:
- 1 pie shell or pastry for a 1 crust 9-inch pie
- 3 ½ cups (338g) fresh peaches, sliced
- ⅔ cup (135g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (32g) all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (250l) whipping cream
- ¼ cup (30g) almonds, sliced and blanched
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare pie shell by lining it with parchment paper and filling it with baking weights ( I use dried beans).
- Par bake the pie shell for 10 minutes. Remove the weights and parchment paper and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the pie shell from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Turn the oven heat up to 400°F.
- Combine the peaches, sugar, flour and nutmeg in a bowl. Pour into the pie shell and pour the whipping cream over the peaches.
- Bake for 35 minutes, remove pie from the oven and sprinkle top with almonds. Return the pie to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes, or until the almonds are lightly browned.
- Let the pie cool completely so that the cream sets. Cover leftovers and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- You can substitute the peaches for other fruits (plums or berries).
- I suggest using fresh peaches rather than frozen as they tend to have a lot of water to them.
- You can lighten the amount of calories in the cream by using ½ cup whipping cream and ½ cup homogenized (3.25%) milk instead of 1 cup whipping cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 135mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g
All nutritional information provided on ninakneadstobake.com are intended for informational purposes only.