This No Knead Rosemary and Thyme Focaccia bread is topped with fresh herbs and salt and is virtually fool proof!
I can not get over how easy this No Knead Focaccia Bread is to make. I have made it twice in two days and it came out perfect each time. This bread is not quick to make, but it is so easy as there is no kneading to be done! Make sure to start it the day before you plan serving it.
Why Does the Dough Need to be in the Refrigerator Overnight?
There are two reasons why this is beneficial to the bread. One is that it builds flavour. When you place bread dough in the refrigerator overnight, you are slowing down the rise of the dough and this builds flavour.
The other reason is that you have the ability to make the bread in 2 stages. Bread making can be a whole day process so by allowing the dough rest in the refrigerator overnight, you are saving time.
What is Focaccia Bread?
Focaccia Bread is an Italian Bread that has a crip exterior and soft interior. It is perfect to serve as a side with your favourite pasta dish. I love to serve it with my favourite pasta sauce and spaghetti. It can also be used as a sandwich bread.
What Ingredients do I Need to Make Focaccia Bread?
- All Purpose Flour
- Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Rosemary and Fresh Thyme
- Flaky Sea Salt
If you like this recipe, you may also like these:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp rapid rise instant yeast
- 1 cup warm tap water
- 1 tsp butter, for greasing pan
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- fresh rosemary and thyme, minced
- flaky sea salt (I like Maldon)
- In a medium bowl combine flour, salt, yeast and water. Mix until flour is incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours.
- Grease a 9 inch cake pan with butter. Line with parchment and pour 1 tbsp of olive oil in bottom of pan. Place the dough in the pan, turning to coat all sides with olive oil. Tuck sides underneath to form a rough ball. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest until doubled, approximately 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Drizzle the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil over the bread. Using your fingers make deep holes in the bread and stretch the dough until it fits the pan.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with herbs and salt. Transfer pan to the oven and immediately reduce oven to 425F. Bake for 22 to 28 minutes or until top is nicely golden. Remove bread with a spatula and allow to cool on a wired rack. Bread is best served the day it is made.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 295mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
All nutritional information provided on ninakneadstobake.com are intended for informational purposes only.
Adapted from this recipe.