This No Knead Rosemary and Thyme Focaccia bread is topped with fresh herbs and salt and is virtually fool proof!
I can not get over how easy this No Knead Focaccia Bread is to make. I have made it twice in two days and it came out perfect each time. This bread is not quick to make, but it is so easy as there is no kneading to be done! Make sure to start it the day before you plan serving it.
Why Does the Dough Need to be in the Refrigerator Overnight?
There are two reasons why this is beneficial to the bread. One is that it builds flavour. When you place bread dough in the refrigerator overnight, you are slowing down the rise of the dough and this builds flavour.
The other reason is that you have the ability to make the bread in 2 stages. Bread making can be a whole day process so by allowing the dough rest in the refrigerator overnight, you are saving time.
What is Focaccia Bread?
Focaccia Bread is an Italian Bread that has a crip exterior and soft interior. It is perfect to serve as a side with your favourite pasta dish. I love to serve it with my favourite pasta sauce and spaghetti. It can also be used as a sandwich bread.
What Ingredients do I Need to Make Focaccia Bread?
- All Purpose Flour
- Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Rosemary and Fresh Thyme
- Flaky Sea Salt
If you like this recipe, you may also like these:
Super Simple No Knead Focaccia Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon butter for greasing pan
- 2 tablespoon olive oil divided
- fresh rosemary and thyme minced
- flaky sea salt
- In a medium bowl combine flour, salt, yeast and water. Mix until flour is incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours.
- Grease a 9 inch cake pan with butter. Line with parchment and pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil in bottom of pan. Place the dough in the pan, turning to coat all sides with olive oil. Tuck sides underneath to form a rough ball. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest until doubled, approximately 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the bread. Using your fingers make deep holes in the bread and stretch the dough until it fits the pan.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with herbs and salt. Transfer pan to the oven and immediately reduce oven to 425F. Bake for 22 to 28 minutes or until top is nicely golden. Remove bread with a spatula and allow to cool on a wired rack. Bread is best served the day it is made.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Adapted from this recipe.