This easy to make pierogi casserole is loaded with sausage, cheese and veggies. It's a super easy dish to make and it is THAT good!
While I love cooking more complex dishes, I certainly appreciate a quick, easy meal. This perogi casserole is just that! It uses Straight-from-the-freezer pierogies and it's sauce is made from mushroom soup. How easy can it get!
Ingredients in a pierogi casserole:
- Frozen Pierogis - You do not need to defrost the pierogies. They go frozen right into the dish.
- Veggies - Saute mushrooms, bell pepper and onion in a frying pan. Spread those over the frozen pierogies.
- Sausage - I use hot Italian sausage because I like a bit of spice. You can substitute with any other type if you prefer. Break up sausage in the same frying pan you cooked the veggies in. Spread sausage over frozen pierogies and veggies.
- Mushroom soup - Pour the mushroom soup in a bowl and add ¼ cup milk to it. Stir them together and pour over top of the pierogies.
- Cheese - Grate 1 cup chedder cheese and sprinkle over pierogi dish.
I promise that this casserole will become one of your family's weeknight meal rotations. It certainly has with mine. 🙂
If you loved this recipe, then you might like these:
- 20 frozen pierogies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion chopped
- ½ bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- 3 hot Italian sausages
- 10 oz cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place frozen pierogies in one layer at the bottom of a 9"x13" casserole dish.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, pepper and mushrooms to the pan and saute. Place vegetables over frozen pierogies.
- Using the same frying pan, cook sausages that have been removed from their casings, breaking them down while cooking. Layer sausage in casserole dish.
- Empty the can of mushroom soup in a small bowl. Add in milk and stir. Pour over top of the casserole. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes. Leftovers will keep for 3 days.