No Bake Chocolate Kahlua Cheesecake
This no bake chocolate Kahlua cheesecake has an Oreo cookie crumb base, a chocolate Kahlua cheesecake filling, a layer of chocolate Kahlua ganache, and Kahlua whipped cream topping!
Servings 14 Slices
- 3 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (about 35 cookies)
- 5 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ cup Kahlua liquor (or any other coffee flavoured liquor)
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate melted and slightly cooled
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream cold
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Kahlua Ganache Topping
- 7 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua liquor (or any other coffee flavoured liquor)
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream cold
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream cold
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua liquor (or any other coffee flavoured liquor)¼
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
Prepare a 9-inch springform pan by lining with parchment paper and greasing the sides.
In a medium bowl combine Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter. Stir to combine and then press the crust in the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
Beat cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa together in a large bowl until combined.
Add Kahlua and mix until combined, and then add in melted chocolate. Mix until combined and smooth, and set aside.
In another large bowl, add heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
Fold half the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until combined. Carefully fold in the remaining whipped cream. We want to keep as much air as possible in the filling.
Add the filling to the crust and spread in an even layer. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Kahlua Ganache Topping
Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Combine Kahlua and heavy whipping cream in a glass measuring cup. Heat in the microwave until it just starts to boil.
Pour over chocolate chips and let sit for 2 minutes, and then whisk until smooth. If not completely smooth, heat in the microwave for 10 second increments, stirring after each until completely melted.
Allow the ganache to cool a bit. I like to place it the freezer for 10 minutes, stirring halfway.
Remove cheesecake from springform pan, and place it on a cake decorating plate. Pour ganache over top of the cheesecake and spread evenly.
Add heavy whipping cream, Kahlua, and powdered sugar to a large bowl. Whip on high until stiff peaks form.
Pipe the whipped cream onto the top of the cheesecake. I used Ateco tip 846.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cheesecake is best for up to 5 days.
- The Kahlua flavouring is not over powering. If you don't want to use liquor, you can substitute with cooled coffee.
- Beat heavy cream until stiff peaks and no sooner. This is key to making a no bake cheesecake sturdy.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake filling carefully so that air doesn't deflate. The air is what makes this a fluffy, mousse-like cheesecake.
- Don't skimp on refrigerating time. The cheesecake needs this time to firm up so it can be sliced neatly.
Serving: 14g | Calories: 833kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 56g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 458mg | Potassium: 349mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 47g | Vitamin A: 1268IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 4mg