Classic Banana Bread Recipe
This classic banana bread recipe is a quick easy bread to make that is so easy to make! It's a great recipe for using overripe bananas with.
Servings 1 loaf
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 4 medium bananas finely crushed
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
Beat butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Beat until butter is lightened in colour, about 4 minutes. Add eggs and bananas and combine well.
Whisk flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium sized bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in vanilla extract.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let the banana bread cool completely in it's pan.
Cover and store the banana bread at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- This recipe uses a standard 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Add in 1 cup of chocolate chips and/or ¾ cup chopped nuts.
- Make sure your bananas are very ripe. The ripper the bananas, the more moist the banana bread will be, and there will be more banana flavour.
- Crush the bananas with a potato masher or fork.
- If you want to use salted butter, just omit the extra salt in the recipe.
- If you want to freeze the banana bread, wrap with aluminum foil and place in a freezer bag or container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw the bread at room temperature.
Serving: 9g | Calories: 2851kcal | Carbohydrates: 456g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 106g | Saturated Fat: 63g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 28g | Trans Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 575mg | Sodium: 2406mg | Potassium: 2050mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 261g | Vitamin A: 3655IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 12mg