Baby Banana & Apple Muffins
These Baby Banana & Apple Muffins are such an easy, quick and healthy snack for babies and toddlers.
Servings 24 mini muffins
- 1 ¼ cups whole rolled oats
- 1 banana ripe
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen fruit diced (I used frozen mixed berries here)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or line a 24-count mini muffin tin and set aside.
Pulse the oats in a food processor until they ground. Add in all the ingredients except for the fruit. Pulse until combined. Stir in the fruit.
Divide batter evenly between the muffin tin cavities. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes and then remove the muffins and allow them to completely cool on a wire rack.
Muffins stay fresh for 2 days at room temperature and up to 1 week refrigerated. They can be frozen for up to 3 months. Allow them to thaw at room temperature or defrost in the microwave.
- I love freezing these muffins so I always have the perfect snack on hand. Store them in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months in your freezer.
- If you don't have a food processor, you can make these muffins with a blender.
- Use any variation of fruit you have on hand. (apple, peaches or plums would all be nice substitutions).
Serving: 24g | Calories: 34kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 0.5g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Trans Fat: 0.001g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 49mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 37IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 0.3mg