Peach Cream Pie with Almonds
This old fashioned Peach Cream Pie recipe is made with fresh peaches, a sweet cream filling and topped with sliced almonds. A very beautiful and easy pie!
Servings 8 slices
- 1 pie shell or pastry for a 1 crust 9-inch pie
- 3 ½ cups fresh peaches sliced
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup almonds sliced and blanched
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare pie shell by lining it with parchment paper and filling it with baking weights ( I use dried beans).
Par bake the pie shell for 10 minutes. Remove the weights and parchment paper and bake for another 10 minutes.
Remove the pie shell from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Turn the oven heat up to 400°F.
Combine the peaches, sugar, flour and nutmeg in a bowl. Pour into the pie shell and pour the whipping cream over the peaches.
Bake for 35 minutes, remove pie from the oven and sprinkle top with almonds. Return the pie to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes, or until the almonds are lightly browned.
Let the pie cool completely so that the cream sets. Cover leftovers and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- You can substitute the peaches for other fruits (plums or berries).
- I suggest using fresh peaches rather than frozen as they tend to have a lot of water to them.
- You can lighten the amount of calories in the cream by using ½ cup whipping cream and ½ cup homogenized (3.25%) milk instead of 1 cup whipping cream.
Serving: 8g | Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0.001g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 104mg | Potassium: 171mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 667IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg